Lockdown feels like a tedious gloomy affair right now I really wanted to create a light, feel-good look to pep myself up. So I incorporated some fresh spring skin and bright colours (and it gave me an excuse to try out some new PR deliveries from beauty brands.)
I was really inspired by a look created recently by amazing Makeup Artist, Danessa Myricks, using yellow and nude tones. Due to having pale skin I was unsure whether the yellow would work on my complexion. I have blue eyes so the yellow actually really complimented my eye colour. Infact it actually felt really wearable. Gold eyeshadow is a showstopper for blue eyes and yellow is a very close shade – and I loved the results.
I was really excited to have a play with my new delivery of Freck which is a product to create realistic and natural faux freckles. I had an accident with my Freck while I was filming the video in the bathroom. It rolled out of the window and on to my conservatory roof but I managed to salvage it thankfully after waiting patiently for it to roll off in the wind…
Here is a super quick video of the process – showing you real skin, real makeup with zero edits or filters. For me, this is the perfect way to achieve spring skin.
The full product breakdown is below with some affiliate links to purchase. Get 20% off your Look Fantastic purchases by following my link and then using code GEMMARLFTF at checkout.
- Goop Genes – All-in-1 Super Nutrient Face Oil
- West Barn Co – Prep Mist Coconut
- Danessa Myricks – Colour Fix in Exposed and Primary Yellow
- Mac Cosmetics – Mineralize Skin Finish Give Me Sun and use https://tidd.ly/3dnlFQ3
- Rimmel – Lasting Radiance Concealer
- Charlotte Tilbury – Flawless Filter and use https://charlottetilbury.prf.hn/l/78YvXwx
- Urban Decay – Naked Skin Foundation and use https://tidd.ly/39YYoSz
- Mac Cosmetics pencil in Power Surge
- Mua Cosmetics – Liquid Cream Blush in Blushed
- Freck – Noir and use https://tidd.ly/37mL8p5
- Beached – Rays for Days
- Benefit Cosmetics – Bad Gal Mascara and use https://tidd.ly/36RSuAB
- Benefit Cosmetics – Browzings Pro Palette and use https://tidd.ly/3u6gkmb
- Danessa Myricks – Luxe Cream palette The Nudist
- Doll Hall of Fame Highlighter and use https://tidd.ly/3qpA81z
- Bobou Beauty – Brushes and use https://tidd.ly/3uiwwRs
I would love to hear from you if you find these types of posts useful (sharing videos and product links).
If you are interested to booking a 1:1 with me to learn how to create looks on yourself, you can find more about them here.
Gemma Rimmington – Makeup Artist and Creative Beauty Director x
#MakeupArtist #Guisborough #MakeupTutorial #Giftedbeauty #PRsamples #MakeupLessons