Skin care is the key to maintaining a youthful appearance
Ok, be honest… do you look after your skin?
This does not mean a quick splash of water and rubbing your face with baby wipes…
Skin care is the absolute basic requirement that will ALWAYS pay off. No matter how old you are, kinder you treat your skin the better it will look and feel. I always say, makeup will always apply better on a well-looked after canvas.
Basic guidance on skin care
Skin is the canvas to a fabulously flawless makeup application. I talk about this a lot with my clients and on my beauty lives, Makeup can enhance features and conceal skin issues but the crooks of beautiful makeup starts with a skin care regime.
There are a few things you can incorporate in to your regime to make big changes to the future of your skin;
- Drink lots of water. It will make your eyes sparkle and flush out toxins in your skin;
- Always cleanse your skin – morning and night. Remove all traces of makeup on an evening. Going to bed wearing makeup ages your skin prematurely;
- Ditch the facewipes. Use them only in emergencies. They strip the natural oils from your skin and they are bad for the environment;
- Always wear an SPF to protect your skin from sun damage;
- Always moisturise your skin. It is vital to rehydrate your skin on a daily basis;
- Avoid the sun bed. They cause premature wrinkles and are linked to increasing the chance of skin cancer.
Beauty Editor Recommended Skin Care
I was recently introduced to a local skin care brand called Pamoja. They are receiving lots of exciting recognition and accolades in the beauty industry right now. They smell delicious and feel gentle and nourishing on the skin. I am always a fan of supporting small businesses. There are some amazing lesser known beauty brands who are producing amazing products right now.
The holy grail skin care brand Pamoja
Read my latest article in British Bride magazine here if you want to learn more about Pamoja products and why I love them so much.
There are also other skin care products which can be added to a regime – to target different issues with the skin. I absolutely love polishing my skin with a face mask.